News & Press
|Aug 28, 2013||
Performance Health Supports Evidence-Based Practice with 15th Annual Research Meeting
Akron, Ohio – August 28, 2013 – Twenty-five research projects, with findings ranging from sports performance and exercise prescription to neck and elbow pain treatments, were presented at the 15th annual Performance Health Scientific Advisory Committee meeting (known as TRAC) held August 1 - 4, 2013 in Moscow, Russia.
Seventeen multi-disciplinary researchers, educators and clinicians met to present and discuss research on TheraBand® and Biofreeze® products. The diverse group represented six countries and seven different professional disciplines, including physical therapy, massage therapy, athletic training, strength and conditioning, exercise physiology, chiropractic and epidemiology.
“In addition to the significant body of research presented in Moscow, our TRAC members have published 31 papers and abstracts, including 11 collaborative projects over the past 12 months,” stated Dr. Phil Page, Director of Clinical Education and Research for Performance Health. “This group fully exemplifies the commitment of Performance Health to research and education over the past 15 years.”
Proceedings from the 15th annual meeting are available at: http://info.thera-bandacademy.com/trac2013
Attendees of the 15th annual TRAC meeting were:
• Lacy Alexander, PhD, FACSM, Penn State University, State College, PA, USA
• Lars L. Andersen, PhD, National Research Centre for the Working Environment, Copenhagen, Denmark
• David Behm, PhD, Memorial University of Newfoundland, St. Johns, Newfoundland, Canada
• Barton N. Bishop, PT, DPT, SCS, CSCS, Sport & Spine Rehab / Sport & Spine Athletics, Rockville, MD, USA
• Tony Brosky, PT, DHS, SCS, Bellarmine University, Louisville, KY, USA
• Duane Button, PhD, CSEP-CEP, Memorial University of Newfoundland, St. Johns, Newfoundland, Canada
• Juan Carlos Colado, PhD, University of Valencia, Valencia, Spain
• Todd Ellenbecker, DPT, MS, SCS, OCS, CSCS, Physiotherapy Associates Inc., Scottsdale, AZ, USA
• Jeff Forman, PhD, LMT, NCTMB, De Anza College, Cupertino, CA, USA
• Jay Greenstein, DC, CCSP, Sport & Spine Rehab / Sport & Spine Athletics, Fort Washington, MD, USA
• Andre Labbe, PT, Total Package Performance, New Orleans, LA, USA
• Michael Rogers, PhD, CSCS, FACSM, Wichita State University, Wichita, KS, USA
• Sergey Starikov, PhD, Russian Ministry of Defense, Moscow, Russia
• Timothy Tyler, MS, PT, ATC, Nicholas Institute of Sports Medicine & Athletic Trauma, New York, NY, USA
• Michael Voight, PT, DHSc, OCS, SCS, ATC, FAPTA, Belmont University School of Physical Therapy, Nashville, TN, USA
• Leo Y.L. Wang, BSc, (PT), MPH, PhD, Dept. of Rehabilitation Medicine of First Affiliated Hospital of Sun Yat-sen University, Guangzhou, China
• Kate Wolin, ScD, FACSM, Loyola University, Stritch School of Medicine, Chicago, IL, USA
“Performance Health supports international research on TheraBand and Biofreeze products. In addition to research from the Scientific Advisory Committee, the Academy supports over 30 independent research projects around the world,” concluded Dr. Page. “The TheraBandAcademy.com website hosts the largest research database on elastic resistance and other Performance Health product lines.”
About the Academy
The TheraBand® Academy was formed to scientifically document the benefits of resistance exercise and pain relief, guide the company in its development of new products and exercise programs, and to promote therapeutic exercise and pain management through professional and consumer education. The Academy web site is a unique resource that connects healthcare professionals and consumers to the ever growing body of knowledge on exercise. Registration is free and provides access to the largest database of rehab exercises, protocols, research and education in the world.
About Performance Health
Featuring leading brands like TheraBand®, Biofreeze®, Cramer®, and Pedigenix®, Performance Health offers a broad portfolio of products for the therapy, rehabilitation, wellness, massage, sports medicine, performance and podiatric markets. In addition to market-leading products, Performance Health provides practice building support, evidence-based protocols, clinical and product education, turn-key dispensing and pain management solutions.
VIEW A PDF OF THE FULL NEWS ARTICLE: »CLICK HERE